About Acharya Nagarjuna University
Acharya Nagarjuna University, a state university established in 1976, has been constantly striving towards achieving progress and expansion during its existence for over three decades, in terms of introducing new courses in the University Colleges, affiliated colleges and professional colleges. It is one of the front ranking and fastest expanding Universities in the state of Andhra Pradesh. Its aim is to remain connected academically at the forefront of all higher educational institutions.
The university was inaugurated on 11th September, 1976 by the then President of India, Sri Fakruddin Ali Ahmed and celebrated its Silver Jubilee in 2001. The National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) awarded B++ grade (80 85 Points) to Acharya Nagarjuna University. It is named after Acharya Nagarjuna – one of the most brilliant preceptors and philosophers, whose depth of thought, clarity of perception and spiritual insight were such that even after centuries, he is a source of inspiration to a vast number of people in many countries.
Salient features of the University:-
- Recognized by University Grants Commission (UGC), Association of Indian Universities (AIU), Ministry of HRD, and Government of India.
- It is an autonomous State University.
- Funded by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and Government of Andhra Pradesh
- Accredited by NAAC in 2003 and 2010
- It is an Affiliating University with over 412 P.G., U.G and professional colleges